When you wish to enjoy a campervan holiday in New Zealand, take care in selecting the right company and the right vehicle. Both are important for ensuring you have the best time possible camping amidst the gorgeous geography of the North and South Islands.
Here’s what you need to consider before hiring a campervan.
Selecting a Campervan Company
First, consider with whom you you’ll be doing business. There are many companies that offer campervan rentals in New Zealand, but not all of them are created equal in terms of the products they offer and what you can expect from their services.
Here are a few key features to look for:
- Response Time – After you send an inquiry to hire a campervan, how long does it take a representative of the company to get back to you? If they are not quick to respond now, they probably won’t be so quick to respond when you’ve got mechanical troubles on the road, either.
- Helpfulness – Does the company offer to help plan a route for your holiday or provide a map showing roads to avoid? Do they offer a readily available and easy way to contact you should you need support whilst out on the road?
- Price Transparency – There shouldn’t be any hidden charges when you sign the paperwork. Everything expected of you should be clearly shared, including whether or not you are required to purchase insurance. Avoid contracts that include unnecessary administrative fees, processing fees or an exorbitant deposit.
- Quicker Service – The last thing you want to do at the start of your holiday is wait around for hours whilst the rental company prepares your campervan. Ensure they will be ready for your arrival and then spend some time with you going over the condition of the campervan as well as any operational instructions before you leave the facility.
Selecting a Campervan
The second part of the equation when embarking on a campervan journey across New Zealand is selecting the right type of vehicle for your needs. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- If you will be staying at commercial campgrounds, consider hiring a campervan without a kitchen or shower, which you will find available in communal facilities. This makes your rental less expensive.
- Ask to see the maintenance and service records of the campervan you are provided upon arrival at the company’s car park. It’s better to ensure the vehicle you are hiring is kept in tip-top shape before you depart rather than experiencing a problem on the road later.
- Select a campervan big enough to accommodate all travellers. It may be cheaper to rent a smaller vehicle, but you are bound to regret that choice later, after spending several days in a campervan cramped with occupants.
- Ask if the company offers non-smoking campervans, particularly if you are allergic or very sensitive to tobacco smoke.
For more information, check out “How To Choose a Rental Campervan”.
When it comes to choosing the right campervan for your needs, consider not only the vehicle itself but the company with which you will do business. A pleasant holiday in New Zealand is yours for the booking – as long as you take care in your selections.
If you are looking for Campervan check out the range here: New Zealand Camper Van Hire Company
The website is http://www.Wilderness.co.nz/