Going to Taiwan on your next vacation will give you the chance to see many new things and experience a new culture. According to kanetix.ca , 7.3 percent of Canadian travelers are willing to spend their vacation in Asia. When these and many others spend their vacation in Taiwan, there are some things that you must take the time to do.
1. The National Palace Museum is a must see while in Taiwan. This museum contains a large collection of Chinese art, some are the finest pieces. They have so many different pieces of art within this collection that it has to be rotated in order for all of it to be displayed. This will potentially give any visitor a chance to see new art displays each time they visit.
There is a wide variety in the types of art that are displayed including statues, paintings, and ceramic among many others. Some of the pieces within this museum are thousands of years old, which makes it a great place for those interested in history to visit as well as those that love art.
2. The next stop on the list of things you must do is Dintaifung. This is a great restaurant that serves Shanghai type dishes. They are made fresh when you order so you can be assured that you will have a delicious, hot meal every time. The dumplings that are made fresh and served here are arguably one of the best in Taiwan.
3. Taipei 101 is another must see attraction. This building stands 508m tall and is the second tallest building in the world. For many years it was actually the tallest building in the world. You can take a trip up to the observation deck to get a look at the surrounding area from above it all along with a look at the enormous iron ball that was made to give the tower stability in the event of a typhoon. On the lower levels are a mall giving you a chance to do some shopping as well as a food court.
4. Taroko Gorge is a beautiful canyon that has marble walls. It is such an amazing sight to see in itself, but there is also thick vegetation that adds to the view that you will see.
5. The Shilin Night Market is a great place to spend an evening. You will have the chance to grab a snack or shop for most anything in clothing. You can also take your chances at one of the numerous games. It is a carnival full of tasty foods, clothing, and exciting fun for all.
6. The Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival is an amazing event to take part in. If you are planning to take a trip to Taiwan within the early months of the year, you should try and be there for this festival. Thousands of lighted lanterns are released into the air making a beautiful glow within the night sky. You can also see fireworks and get some food while watching the festive and colorful lights.
7. The Hualien International Stone Sculpture Festival is a great place for art lovers to spend some time. It typically runs within the month of October and is a biennial event, so you can plan your vacation around this time in order to see some spectacular sculptures. There are hundreds of sculptures from a variety of countries that are on display for this festival.