Cape Town is not only the most sought after tourist destination in the country of South Africa, but on the entire continent of Africa as a whole. It is loved by visitors for many reasons, such as its gorgeous climate, natural beauty and well-developed infrastructure. Although the surrounding wilderness, the historical architecture, and the beautiful views are great to enjoy in the daytime, Cape Town is also a fun city at night. When the sun goes down, the city’s many bars and clubs open and create a vibrant scene that caters to a wide variety of tastes and styles.
If you have your dancing shoes on and you are ready to spend the night partying in Cape Town, here are some quick tips about the nightlife of this exciting city:
· If you are looking for a trendy place to see and be seen, you will want to make your way along the Camps Bay Strip. These hip bars, such as Caprice, Sandbar, or Baraza feature local DJs and a very cool crowd.
· Hungry? Try the unique Asian tapas at Wafu in Mouille Point, which you can enjoy on their wooden deck which overlooks the sea.
· To see the real city and not just the tourists, check out Long Street. It can be reached from St. George’s Cathedral and the Greenmarket Square, and it is famous for its multi-ethnic bars and clubs. Most places will feature live music such as jazz or kwaito.
· If you love jazz music, you can tune your eye to the chilled out sounds being played at the Green Dolphin on the V&A Waterfront. Locals claim that it is the best jazz club in the city.
· Zanzi-Bar on Long Street is a great place to go if you feel like meeting other fellow travellers who are visiting Cape Town. It has free entry, and there is usually a DJ playing on Friday and Saturday.
· Looking for a casual sports bar atmosphere, featuring sports events on the big screen, good food, and dancing? Try Pulse Sports Bar in Greenpoint.
· If you are a wine connoisseur, you can sample many different varieties by the glass at The Nose Wine Bar on Waterkant Street. However, this place can be very pricey, depending on which wines you choose!
· If you fancy your luck, spend the evening at the Grand West Casino, where you can drink, gamble, and enjoy fine dining. The casino also offers cinemas and other entertainment.
No matter what your idea of a good night out is, there is a bar or a club that you will love in Cape Town. Have a great time partying in this vibrant city!
Visitors to Cape Town will arrive at Cape Town International Airport, the second largest in South Africa. This airport receives international connections from all over the world.
About the author: Jim Deann is a frequent traveller who enjoys writing about his experiences. He writes in a blogging team for Etihad Airways who offer flights to Cape Town as well as many others. Image by Blyzz