The seas and oceans open an amazing new world for us to explore and experience. I recently went to Andaman Islands, where I tried scuba diving for the first time. It was the most amazing experience of my life. So I did a little research and decided to write an article on the destinations around the world that are best for Scuba diving.
As a diver, you must explore these finest destinations for scuba diving. Even first time explorers can check out the wonderful creatures sheltered by the vast blue waters.
- The Great Barrier Reef: Australia’s most popular destination visible from the outer space is an excellent diving destination. Sea life along the reef has been of great interest to the explorers from all over the world. Getting there is easy! You can either take a live aboard or drive to the coast. Heron Island connected by Gladstone offers novel exposure to turtles, manta, reef sharks, turtles, rays, fishes and invertebrates including other 1,500 species. Hamilton Reef will let you catch glimpses of dolphins and mink whales.
- Red Sea: The favorite hub of European divers is now under the popular spot for the other sections of this world. The long coastline of 1,200 miles offers amazing varieties of sea creatures to observe. Butterfly fish, dolphins, clownfish, sharks, sponge and corals reside in the depths of Indian Ocean. The city of Sharm El-Sheik is the centre for diving into the Red Sea from Egypt.
- Palau: The small isle located in the vast pacific opened up to the world when Jacques Cousteau (an ecologist and naval officer) visited the place to explore Japan’s fleet on this island. Many sea creatures have found their habitat under the wreckages of destroyed ships during war time. Discover more than 200 varieties of fishes apart from the turtles, corals, rays and around 130 species of sharks. You can expect an encounter with white tip or grey reef sharks while you get close to these wrecks in Palau.
- Cocos Island, Costa Rica: Eco-tourism is on the rise in Costa Rica. The treasure house of fauna is accessible from the rainforest about 340 miles off the coast. You can find diverse mix of sea creatures like the octopus, tuna, white tip and hammer head sharks, hawksbill turtles and some whale sharks along the island. See the sights of 100 yard deep underwater channel near the north- west of Cocos Island for adventurous scuba diving.
- Galapagos Islands: The World Heritage Site of UNESCO, Ecuador’s heritage of Galapagos Islands is renowned for the populous marine life. The sea lions, manta rays, hammerhead sharks, turtles, starfish, Galapagos crabs, sea cucumbers are seen regularly. The volcano survived by coral reefs is the most amazing place to dive and observe the deep.
You can get trained for shallow reef diving if you are novice or check out the awe inspiring experiences of underwater creatures and world. You can go for night dives and up to three or four dives per day. Watch how the aquatic world holds this vast amount of wealth so perfectly hidden from our untrained eyes.
This article has been contributed by Aishwarya Vohra. She works for Offshore Ally, a leading provider of virtual assistant and SEO link builders online. She loves nature, books, adventure, music and cooking. Connect with her via Twitter. Image by hankplank